When you receive one of our gorgeous posies, we want you to enjoy it for as long as possible! Here are a few flower care tips to follow to ensure your posy stays fresh for longer.
- Fill a clean vase ¾ full with fresh water.
- Pour the contents of your flower food sachet into the vase.
- Remove hessian wrap.
- Snip approximately 2cm off all stems on a 45 degree angle with sharp scissors, then place into the vase water.
- Place flowers in a cool, draft free position out of strong sunlight.
- Change water every 1-2 days and re cut stems every other day to ensure they can take a good drink of fresh water. Flowers get thirsty and they don’t like bacteria that grow in the water.
- Remove wilted or faded blooms to help prolong the life of the rest of the arrangement. Some flowers last longer than others, especially native flowers.
Hint: Native flowers dry out really well and make a great keepsake!
Native Christmas Wreath Tips
- Avoid hanging the wreath in strong sunlight if possible.
- Mist with fresh water, especially near the roots if possible, every few days.
- Native flowers dry out really well so although the colours may fade as the flowers dry out, the wreath should last a few weeks.